petek, 1. september 2006

Jet Lag

Since the day I came back from the US, I feel sleepy and others say I look tired. Wonder why? I think it is the jet lag. But I thought it wears offf after couple of days. I never had a jet lag this powerfull. Hmm...
Finally I installed DB2 V9.1 and it got a feture we'll need a lot, because Slovenia will change it's currency on the 1st of January 2007. We'll have Euros. So no more exchanging Slovenian Tolars when I go to Germany, Austria, .... Woohoo!! It's kinda sad to see the Tolar go (especially because we waited for a long long time to get our own state and currency), but I like the fact I'll have Euros in my pocket. :)
Now. back to DB2. In the latest version you can do something like this:
ALTER TABLE TABLE1 ALTER COLUMN PRICE SET DATA TYPE DECIMAL(18, 6)
So you can change data type on columns of the fly :))
This is what we've been waiting for for almost two years. :)) Sure one can do export, create, import, but this a lot faster and easier.

Ni komentarjev: